A router is a networking device that helps in exchanging information between two or computer networks. Routers direct the traffic on the Internet. A bunch of data items are typically forwarded from one router to another router through the networks that constitute an internetwork until it reaches its destination.
A router is connected to two or more computers from different networks. When a packet of data comes in on one of the connections, the router reads the network address information in the packet to determine the final address. Then by using information provided as to how to direct the information, it transfers the data to the next network on the route.
D-Link provides a great router that does the same work. It helps you access internet and connect to the web and other devices. D-Link is one of the most popular routers that are used to connect to internet via cable or wirelessly.
To configure D-Link to your computer to enjoy seamless network access, you need to plug in the router and install the device software with the help of the installation guide that comes with it. After the initial installation, you need to configure the router to connect to internet. After the installation and configuration, you can enjoy internet access. But sometimes D-Link Router may not work as expected.
1) Firstly, check all the wires are plugged properly and connection is available. If it still does not work, then reset the router to factory defaults by holding the reset button down for a few seconds keeping the power on.
2) Turn off the modem, router, computer and every other device that is connected to router.
3) Plug in the modem and connect the modem to the router's WAN/Internet port.
4) If any USB is connected to the modem, disconnect it immediately as it may hamper the connection.
5) Try to connect the computer to one of the router's LAN/Network ports.
6) Turn the modem on, and then wait for the light to become steady.
7) Turn router on and then wait for few minutes.
8) Finally restart your computer.
For example, PING 188.8.131.52 PING google.com
The result will let you know whether you are connected to internet or not. The process will help you to get a connection with any router that is well configured.
Apart from this, you can always contact D-Link technical support to provide you assistance in case your device is not working. D-Link provides you 24X7 assistance to help resolve your queries. You can also write to D-Link technical support via email.