Gmail is the prevalent and dominating mailing service that is being provided to the users worldwide by the top IT multinational comapany i.e google. It is the free web based emailing service that provides its user the access to the various kind of the alluring features along with the normal service of communicating through the mails.
So if you want to be gmail user, the registration process involved is not much tough. For the purpose of registering you just need to go to the official site of the gmail and then you need to visit the sign up process. And next you need to put the user name and the password for the account set up along with the entering of the some personal information like your name, gender etc.
Once you are done with the account set up procedure then you can easily maintain the other settings like you can even do the gmail smtp settings. For doing so you have to follow the steps written below:-
- First of all you need to enter the gmail SMTP server address as smtp.gmail.com
- Followed by entering the gmail SMTP username which is basically your gmail address or you can say the gmail ID
- After that you need to enter the gmail SMTP password i.e basically the gmail password that you have set up for yourself
- Now it is the time to enter the gmail SMTP i.e TLS port which is 587
- Followed by entering the gmail SMTP port i.e SSL as 465
- After all this you need to press a yes for the TLS and the SSL connection.
- So above written are the simple smtp server settings that you need to do in order to configure the gmail account on your account.
Once you follow all the steps written above carefully you will be able to do the settings but just in case you are not able to configure the account by yourself then you always have an option seeking the help from others who have the knowledge regarding the above process.